Donate your car today.
Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, and help build our local families.
Car donations are another way that you can support our work across Cochise County. When you donate your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity we make it quick and easy. Your donation may be tax deductible.
We accept all kinds of vehicles, including: cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles – whether they are running or not. Towing is free!
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support Habitat for Humanity and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Arizona?
- The State of Arizona will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Donating your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity is a great way to support our work.
Proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will help Habitat families build strength, stability and self-reliance in the United States. Plus, it’s fast and easy to do, and you may qualify for a tax deduction.
How to donate your car
Donate your vehicle in three easy steps:
- Go to our donation wizard or call 1-877-277-4344.
- Provide your vehicle information and contact information.
- Schedule your car to be picked up.
Need help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-277-4344.
“I could not believe I could donate my junk car and help Habitat for Humanity. It had been in an accident but you still towed my car away quickly and easily!”
— Connor M., Hartford, CT
Frequently asked questions
What kinds of vehicles can be donated?
We accept almost all vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, farm equipment, construction equipment and airplanes. If you want to donate your car or truck, please go to our donation wizard. If you want to donate any other type of vehicle, please call us at 1-877-277-4344.
When my vehicle is sold, how much of the money goes to Habitat?
Our partners at Advanced Remarketing Services return a higher percentage than any other vehicle processing entity. On a monthly basis, more than 80 percent of the gross revenue generated from vehicle sales is donated to Habitat for Humanity.
What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
Your vehicle will be sold through a national network on behalf of Habitat.
After the vehicle has been sold, you will receive an acknowledgement letter providing your vehicle sale information.
How do I know my car is in good hands once it’s been picked up?
We use a licensed and insured national transportation network and complies with all federal and state regulations. By signing the title directly to Advanced Remarketing Services, you are legally transferring ownership of your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity.
When your title is received and your vehicle is picked up, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
How do tax deductions work when donating my vehicle?
Find out more about car donation tax deductions.
What happens to junk cars that are donated?
They are typically transported to auto salvage yards where all reusable car parts, batteries, tires and fluids are removed. Vehicles that can be recycled are crushed, shredded and recycled into steel.
Recycling cars keeps a huge amount of steel out of landfills – enough to build nearly 45,000 steel-framed homes every year. The energy saved each year is enough to power approximately 18 million homes!
Habitat is paid for these cars. Although the revenue is less for a recycled car than a car that is sold at auction, every donation can make a difference and families that partner with us are extremely grateful for your help.
Who is Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc.?
They handle the title transfer, towing and reporting of all vehicle donations, and are Habitat’s authorized national agent processing all of our vehicle donations.
Vehicle donations may be made online through the donation wizard or by calling 1-877-277-4344.
What if I have more questions?
We are happy to answer any other questions you may have. Please email your questions to email@example.com or call 1-877-277-4344.